To kick off this week's edition of Whole Lotta Link Love, I have an announcement to make:
I've accepted a position with a search marketing agency in the UK, and will be moving there next month to become their Online Communities and Content Manager.
This obviously means that I will no longer be freelancing - yes, I'm heading back to the ol' 9-to-5 grind. I'm looking forward to this, though - the agency is a great one, and I definitely love the UK.
On to the links:
- Here's a really great summary of points covered at the Social Media Marketing Summit about how companies can effectively monitor and manage their online reputations, courtesy of the TrishaLyn blog.
- Meta tags are not just for SEO - yes, they do actually need to sell your products. Here are some tips for writing effective marketing-driven meta descriptions.
- I guess you could say my latest social media interest is in widgets - and Newgator Widgets blog provides some best practices for building and marketing your widgets.
- If you work for an online agency, you may be faced with clients who think that online reputation management is a one time fix rather than a proactive, ongoing activity. Here's where the role of the agency is so important in this ongoing management.
- And now, a little video love from the Beatles - a video for one of my favorite songs, "Hey Bulldog".